Part A : Grammar
76- ……………. the weather is often warm , many of the homes have swimming pools .
1) As 2) Whether 3) While 4) When
77- I won't ever let him ……….. late for the class .
1) be 2) is 3) to be 4) being
78- He doesn't make me ……….
1) permit you stay here . 2) to permit you stay here .
3) to permit you to stay here . 4) permit you to stay here .
79- I stood under a tree ……….. it began to rain .
1) since 2) when 3) while 4) however
80- Which sentence is grammatically wrong ?
1) Reza passed the exam by studying hard .
2) The teacher forced all the students to read the book .
3) Some people change their habit as they get older .
4) Since we arrived at the party , she was cutting the cake .
Part B : Vocabulary
81- What this company needs is ………. management to be successful .
1) emotionless 2) ignorant 3) firm 4) attractive
82- The report ………. the importance of improving safety standards .
1) emphasizes 2) stretches 3) disturbs 4) respects
83- The opening scene of dark , rainy streets shows the ………… of the whole film .
1) stance 2) mood 3) posture 4) gesture
84- News of the war was used to …….. attention from other important social matters .
1) worry 2) suppose 3) distract 4) react
85- The book is not intended for a completely academic ………. .
1) variety 2) spectators 3) viewers 4) audience
86- The bed wasn't ………. , but I could sleep soon .
1) comfortable 2) balanced 3) facial 4) confident
87- I am going to ask each of you to make a short ……… to explain the new idea .
1) difference 2) presentation 3) decision 4) effort
88- It is difficult to …….. the effectiveness of different education systems .
1) look 2) include 3) evaluate 4) succeed
89- The cat escaped and managed to …… the top of the tree .
1) lower 2) bend 3) lean 4) climb
90- The new power station would ………. 1000 tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere each year .
1) protect 2) increase 3) release 4) tap
91- When you make a short statement giving only the main information , you actually ………. .
1) summarize 2) realize 3) repeat 4) mention
Part C : Cloze passage
When you are making a(n)…92…. , try to relax , speak slowly and clearly . Use simple …93… and expressions whenever possible . …..94…. for a few seconds to give the people a chance to think about what you have said . Make ….95… that every one in the room can hear you . If the quality of voice ….96… is not good , you can use a microphone .
92-1) amount 2) waste 3) speech 4) trouble
93-1) humor 2) awareness 3) accordance 4) vocabulary
94-1) Continue 2) Pause 3) Hold 4) Listen
95-1) sure 2) mistake 3) occasion 4) nervous
96-1) contact 2) communication 3) expression 4) projection
Part D : Reading comprehension
There is no evidence that children receive less attention from mothers who work outside the home than from mothers working inside the home . You have to divide the time into different categories : simple physical and custodial function , and educational time or development time when a mother plays with the child so far we haven’t seen the amount of education time change much , whether or not the mother works outside the home .
In fact , we have found evidence that working mothers - specially in the middle class – try to compensate for their children and spend more time in planned activities with them than nonworking mothers do .
97- Which one is an example of "mothers custodial functions" ?
1) To take care of babies so that they will physically improve .
2) To play with children to help them develop mentally .
3) To take babies to kindergartens to learn basic skills .
4) Not to go to work and spend all time at home .
98- According to the passage , It is true that ………
1) working mothers easily forget their children .
2) working mothers don't spend as much education time with their children as nonworking mothers .
3) there is no evidence that children receive less attention from working mothers .
4) the education time is the same as development time .
99- Which one is not mentioned ?
1) The mothers divide their time into two parts .
2) The amount of time to educate children doesn't change .
3) Working mothers in comparision to nonworking mothers .
4) The reasons why mothers have to work outside the home .
100- How can the working mothers compensate for working ?
1) By living in the middle class community .
2) By planning physical and mental activities for their children .
3) By setting aside more time for their children .
4) They can never spend enough time on caring for their children .
منبع سایت گزینه ۲